About the job
Our client, a high-growth fuel and convenience retailer and fuel wholesaler is looking to hire a new role of Finance Systems Manager to support the company’s growth throughout the USA Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Finance Systems Manager will be a key part of the finance team and will be responsible for strengthening the company’s finance system foundations and ensuring that the finance teams and processes are fully optimized. The Finance Systems Manager will work closely with Accounting Team, ERP Team, IT Team, and Integration Team to achieve accounting, operational, and system goals. The Finance Systems Manager will also be a key part of various finance projects and initiatives and will ensure that financial processes and controls across all The company’s business are fully supported by technology and automation. The ideal Finance Systems Manager will have a sound knowledge of accounting processes, strong knowledge of PDI, and an understanding of the C-Store retail or wholesale/commercial fuel industry and will participate in the company’s NextGen system conversion initiatives.
This position may be located out of our Miami, Salt Lake City, Houston, or Nampa ID offices. Remote will be considered and relocation assistance is available.
- Review current use of systems, and implement initiatives, solutions or changes that would optimize and enhance the use of systems by the finance team on an end-to-end basis.
- Ensure that various finance systems are fully and optimally implemented, configured, maintained, and customized. Ensure that systems are successfully used and deployed within finance teams and that processes are designed and implemented for long-term success.
- Work closely with finance controllers and team members to identify problems and inefficiencies, develop solutions, and ensure optimization of accounting processes or workflows with systems.
- Drive change management initiatives to ensure finance teams are optimally utilizing the system’s capabilities, including implementing a robust program that enhances system knowledge and training across the whole finance organization.
- Collaborate and work closely with ERP Team, IT Team, Integration Team, Finance Team, and various other teams to achieve objectives.
- Provide day-to-day operational “Level 1” and “Level 2” support to the Finance Team across the USA. Escalate to Level 3 support or PDI as needed. Provide timely triage and troubleshooting as needed.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in systems and technology in the retail C-Store and wholesale fuel industry.
- Ensure efficient maintenance and operation of financial systems with the objective of maximizing functionality and financial data integrity.
- Be a key part of acquisitions, new system implementations/integrations, and Parkland’s NextGen system conversion initiatives.
- Proactively drive continuous improvement and automation to existing processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness and to support the growing business.
- Identify opportunities and proposals to increase business efficiencies, automation, and cost optimization.
- Support ad hoc projects and other initiatives as assigned.
- Promote and build the company’s culture of BOLD behaviors.
- Support a people culture of high engagement and a high team spirit. Support the professional development of the wider team. Coach and mentor team members.
- Delegate work assignments considering employee skills and development needs
- Strong in-depth experience with PDI Enterprise or related system
- Strong understanding of financial systems, processes, and organizational effectiveness.
- Good understanding of financial accounting, GL close, and general finance processes.
- Experience with DTN and Trinium preferred.
- Experience in retail C-Store and/or Wholesale Fuels industry (regional or national scale) preferred.
- Excellent change management skills.
- Quick learner in systems, processes, and finance area.
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to think outside of the box, deal with ambiguity and resolve complex issues using pragmatic approaches.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to work in cross-functional teams (Team of Teams approach).
- High level of aptitude for time management. Ability to adjust to changing and conflicting demands, responsibilities, and issues.
- Enthusiastic learner with demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Relentless focus on high quality results, attention to detail and operational excellence.
- Advanced leadership skills with a particular focus on building collaborative cross-functional working relationships, influencing change, and driving results for business efficiencies.
- Enthusiastic and committed to getting the job done in a fast paced, high-performing environment. Willing to "roll up sleeves" and focus on execution and meeting challenging targets as needed