Mechanical Supervisor, $65k-$68k
Our company, an expert in high-speed rail systems around the world, has an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Supervisor!
We don’t think you can, we KNOW you can!
GREAT EMPLOYER! GREAT BENEFITS!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position reports to Shop Manager. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment by performing the following duties.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING (Other duties may be assigned):
- Directs workers in mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repair of machinery and equipment of trainset to conform to the company's specifications and standards.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations in accordance with FRA, OSHA and AAR standards.
- Adjusts work procedures and staffing levels to meet manufacturing schedules.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Involves all Mechanicals in an on-going training program to maintain and advance technical proficiency of employees.
- Provides feedback on budget issues to the Shop Manager.
- Recommends measures to improve repair methods, equipment performance and quality of product to Shop Manager.
- Monitors parts and supply usage on mechanical equipment.
- Monitors and maintains availability of all tools required for department.
- Functions as the technical expert on all mechanical systems of trainset.
- Provides & support training courses related to mechanical systems.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Mechanical Supervisor will assume overall management responsibility for the entire maintenance facility in the absence of the Shop Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three years experience in a mechanical supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blue prints, drawings, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to meet difficult deadlines.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check, including MVR records
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide COVID-19 vaccination card
- We pay 100% Health Benefits premium for employees. 50% for dependents
- 401K with company match (50% of your contribution, up to 10% of your wages)
- Great time off policy and more