Stagehands position requires the candidate to have the capacity to assemble/disassemble, relocate, maintain sets props and certain set equipment. Ability to work with power tools and have a good understanding of stage and set protocols for safety.
- Assemble and set up backdrops, scenery and set pieces for rehearsals and productions
- Load and unload props and materials from trucks
- Assemble, dismantle, and store scenery, set pieces and props
- Set up lighting, props, and microphones
- Move and rearrange furniture
- Construct and paint set pieces
- Set up risers and musical equipment
- Ensure props are affixed properly
- Assist with video, sound, and lighting production needs, such as, setting up video monitors and sound equipment
- Ensure props are present at beginning of scene and taken away at end
- Work with electricians and lighting assistants
- Help carpenters build and install scenery
- Clean up stage and backstage area after performance
- Work stage need tasks
- Must obtain proper certification in operation of various types of lifts, such as, scissor lifts, single man lifts, and forklifts.
- Must consistently utilize required Personal Protective Equipment, such as, steel toed shoes and gloves and comply with all safety rules.
- High school or GED equivalent
- Basic computer skills Work in team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Painting skills, Troubleshooting skills
- Perform well under pressure and breaking news, sports and other format shows.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Work under highly pressurized and stressful conditions, a flexible and positive approach is highly valued.
- This position supports 24x7 operations, thus availability after hours, and in cases extended shifts, is a must
- Core Values: Passion, one team, integrity, learn, grow and have an innovative mindset
- Ability to push, pull and lift 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to work outdoors year round
ttg is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program with the Department of Homeland Security
at ttg, “We believe in making a difference One Person at a Time,” ttg OPT.