Sr. Finance Director and Controller, North America Accounting
Manage and oversee all functions of the Accounting Department for North America. This role, directs and coordinates all activities relating to accounting, fiscal reporting, debt and cash management, business licensing administration, and risk management. This position will also be responsible for the monthly reporting of the business’s results for legal and management review.
In addition, this role will lead the transformation of the Finance Organization to a more analytical and digital approach to Accounting & Finance. Reports to the VP of Finance- North America and will have 4 direct reports.
Requirement and Skills
- 4-year college degree in Accounting, from an accredited institution, and/or equivalent work experience in a similar role.
- 10 years prior experience in Accounting, Financial Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Asset Accounting.
- MBA a plus
- Certified Public Accountant a plus!
- Previous experience leading Finance Transformation a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience working with ERP implementation and roll-out
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., oral and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Direct and assist the company in attaining established financial goals.
- Monitor the overall financial health using established metrics.
- Maintain accurate period end closing forms and prepare financial statements in a timely manner.
- Direct general and cost accounting, budgetary controls, and data processing functions using established policies and procedures.
- Check expenditure requests against approved budgets.
- Obtain, analyze, and consolidate required accounting information; prepare reports, statements and financial recommendations.
- Ensure effective accounting, financial forecasting, analysis, financial systems, cash flow, and compliance.
- Develop policies and supervise the control of cash, accounts receivable credits and collections, and accounts payable.
- Maintain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act proactively to prevent problems.
- Ensure adherence to US GAAP.
- Responsible for SOX control compliance.
- Work with internal and external auditors throughout the year and provide ongoing support to North America Finance department as needed, to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Facilitates implementation of new systems and major modifications of existing systems to reduce downtime.
- Maintains knowledge of developments and trends in finance and administration including technological advances.
- Complete special projects as required for the Finance department.
At ttg, "We believe in making a difference One Person at a Time," ttg OPT.