Recovery Specialist_ Kendall (Miami), FL
Our client has engaged ttg to find their next Recovery Specialist. Seeking candidates with exceptional organizational skills, follow-up protocols and negotiation skills to support repayment, settlement negotiation and claims filings for recovery on large volume of charged-off loans.
Job Title: Recovery Specialist
Location: Kendall (Miami), FL
Reports To: V.P., Collections
This position is primarily responsible for negotiating repayment on charged-off loans and visas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contacts large volume of charged-off loan members daily in order to make arrangements for repayment.
- Record all attempts and activity on collection sheet.
- Post and Documents all payments received
- Prepares a monthly recovery tracking report in Excel
- Balance GL’s assigned to Recovery
- Notifies Collections Manager of all accounts deemed uncollectible through normal channels and identifies those requiring legal action.
- Research accounts labeled as “skips” in order to locate member’s new address.
- Makes recommendations to Collections Manager for possible methods and procedures to improve operations and potential for recovery.
- Make arrangements for the repayment of charged-off loans and reviews offers of settlement.
- Investigates accounts thoroughly before deciding appropriate course of action to undertake.
- Refers legal action, and problems of an unusual nature to the manager for review.
- Files claims in Small Claims Court and presents evidence in support of the Credit Union’s claim.
- Refer approved cases to attorneys for legal action (including suits, summons, caveats)
- Works directly with Credit Union’s attorneys on accounts for which collection lawsuits have been filed.
- Assists the other Collectors in times of high volume, in addition to assisting with difficult collection cases.
- Performs related duties as required by Collections Managers or other members of Management.
- Process claims for loans with Lender’s Protection Insurance
- Complete charge-off process on all loans approved for charge-off by the Board of Directors.
- Prepare files for garnishments and levies
- Monitor all accounts being handled by attorneys for timely and appropriate actions
- Three or more years experience in collections recovery in a financial service environment.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong negotiating and customer/member service skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook
Education and Training:
High school graduate or equivalent.
Language Skills: Ability to speak effectively with members and employees.
Work Environment: Flexible hours to include late evenings and weekends.
- Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, Sick Time, Floating Holidays (2 per year)
- Education Assistance - $2000 Tuition Reimbursement ; Discounted tuition rates through several institutions
- Retirement Benefits – 401K Plan with Company Match; Pension Plan
- Employee Wellness – Employee Assistance Program
- Special Discounted Rates on Credit Union Loans
- Other Benefits – Preferred Legal Plan; Long Term Care Insurance; AFLAC; Discounts from Vendors and Special Events
At ttg, “We believe in making a difference One Person at a Time,” ttg OPT.