Supervises up to 15
3rd Shift Starting Sunday Night- 9:30 pm-6:30 am
(off Friday and Saturday nights)
Our Client is a global leader offering a full range of research, development, and manufacturing capabilities to produce pharmaceutical products that can improve the quality of life, usage, and compliance rates for patients.
- Responsible for leading a shift in the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients according to the production schedule, in an efficient manner and following cGMP.
- Responsible for efficiently implementing the production schedule for its shift as per Management directions and daily schedule assembled by the Production Support and Process groups.
- Responsible for working in compliance with all departmental and company Health and Safety policies as well GMP procedures and Governmental regulations. If an emergency evacuation situation occurs in off-hours, ensures that all API employees leave the premises and gather in the designated places.
- Ensure the operators keep the entire Production facility neat and tidy in accordance with departmental policy. Based on production priorities, directs the activity of the Facility cleaning crew assigned to his shift.
- Ensures that all process documentation is completed according to standard operating procedures and departmental policies. Spot-check to constantly verify operator’s compliance with current procedures.
- Responsible for reporting violations of company policies and procedures to the Production Manager. Assists Management and Process Group in their investigations of different occurrences.
- Implements follow-up activities triggered by audits, SOR’s corrective actions, deviations. Monitors compliance between daily production activities and procedures, initiates required changes through the established Change Control procedures.
- Responsible for properly updating and completing the Supervisors technology transfer book and for having all pertinent information passed to the incoming fellow Supervisor.
- Responsible for establishing a fair and accurate performance review process for his shift.
- Communicate with Management, Production Specialists and Process Chemists and Engineers to ensure production operation achieves its targets.
- Report the Plant and equipment status to key Production Personnel and Management. Responsible for directing the activity of the maintenance group to ensure all equipment is functioning properly.
- Attend meetings scheduled outside of regular working hours: interviews, Shift Supervisors meetings, Production quarterly meetings and training sessions.
- Recruit, train, develop and manage effectively the ongoing performance of their direct reports, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensure Job Descriptions are reviewed, signed and sent to Employee Services, annually
- Review and update employee development plans, ensure employees are properly trained and qualified to execute their duties
- Providing coaching, feedback and recognition
- Identify training needs of operators and organize training process. Supports the Production Trainer in his activities
- Assist Production Supervisor/Production Manager in hiring, identify promotion candidates and recommends to Management, and disciplines (including termination) Chemical and/or Senior Operators
- Minimum High School Diploma/equivalent
- Experience as a Production Lead in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Consumer products or Cosmetics ( At least 1-2 yrs)
- Knowledge of Fishbone Diagrams a plus
Please submit your updated resume in a word document. Please write a short cover letter describing your experience as it relates to this position and your interest in the 3rd shift as mention at the top. On your resume, please include the month/year for each employment listed. A ttg Talent Solutions recruiter will contact you via phone/email.