Production Supervisor – Manufacturing
Located in the Hialeah/Miami Lakes Area
7AM- 3:30 pm
Direct reports: 40-50 employees each
Reports to: Production Manager
Our client is a very large manufacturer with a facility located in the Hialeah/ Miami Gardens area of Miami-Dade. We have been engaged to find their next Production Supervisor. We are looking for experience as a Manufacturing Production Supervisor with “people skills” to supervise and motivate a team!
Oversees Manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. The Manufacturing Department is comprised of Line Leaders, Pickers, Material Handlers, Assemblers, Openers, and Packers.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; observing equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; communicating malfunctions within process; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by supervising personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems; reporting results.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing organization standards.
- Provides manufacturing information to the Production Manager by compiling, initiating, sorting, records and data, answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment, safety measures while maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by recommending action.
- Works together with all other departments to ensure the timely servicing of all sales orders.
- Motivate personnel to achieve daily goals
- 3 years of production supervisory in a high-volume manufacturing operation (will strongly consider those with experience in assembly operation)
- Must be able to speak 100% Spanish- Required
- Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered, must have a HS Diploma
- Must have physical stamina
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner
- Excellent people skills, along with verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to manage and motivate a team of employees
- Ability to lead organizational change and manage an environment of continuous improvement
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must be flexible for change in process without notice
- Disciplined approach towards policies and procedures
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency as it relates to customer satisfaction
- Team player
- Occasional overtime and Saturday, when needed
While performing the duties of this job, there are requirements for lifting, standing and walking throughout the warehouse; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Evening and/or weekend work may be necessary to meet deadlines. This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties
Base salary up to $60K plus a discretionary bonus, benefits, vacation, and Holiday pay.
Please submit your resume in a word document. Please make sure the month and year are listed for all employment. A ttg Recruiter will contact you via phone/email to arrange an initial phone interview. Please monitor your inbox, voicemail, and junk for messages.
At ttg, "We believe in making a difference One Person at a Time," ttg OPT.