Nurse Residency – Adult Behavioral Health – Chattanooga, TN
Full-time Nights (rotating weekends) – NIGHTS ONLY
The Nurse Residency Program is a comprehensive program for new graduate nurses with less than six months of experience. The formalized, competitive residency program is comprised of:
- Education and Curriculum
- Guided Clinical with Preceptor
- Support (Mentoring and Debriefing)
- Measurement and Evaluation
Requirements at Time of Application:
- Eligible for graduation from a NLN-AC or CCNE Accredited Nursing Program with an Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing prior to employment.
Education and Licensure Requirements at Time of Hire:
- Associate degree in Nursing (Required) or Bachelors of Science in Nursing (Preferred)
- Current, BLS (Basic Life Support) AHA (Required)
- Current, Valid State license as a Registered Nurse (Required)
Upon graduation with an Associate or Bachelor degree in Nursing from an NLN or CCNE accredited and state-approved program the Graduate Nurse will enter the HCA Nurse Residency Program - TriStar Division. Nurse Residents will remain in the HCA Nurse Residency Program for their first year of practice and will develop the skills to use independent and reasonable judgment in providing a wide variety of patient care services as per the scope of nursing practice.