2 Positions Open
ttg Talent Solutions has been engaged to find our valued clients find their next Line Cook(s). The restaurant concept is located in the heart of the trendy design district in Miami.
Must be able to accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. The Line Cook also performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Line Cook in a commercial food service establishment
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Must have reliable means of transportation to arrive on time daily
- Any experience in preparing Asian inspired dishes are a plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Graciously and quickly fulfill any guest request possible
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to Kitchen Manager.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications. Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes. Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance to applicable state laws.
Compensation: $12 per hour
Please submit an updated resume in a word document. You will receive a call from a recruiter from ttg Talent Solutions.