Labor & Delivery RN - Registered Nurse -McKinney, TX
Schedule: Fulltime Night (rotating weekends) 7p-7a 3x12’s
The Labor and Delivery RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Ability to use critical thinking skills and prioritize aspects of patient care; possesses good interpersonal communication skills. Can calculate medication dosages and safely administer medications within the critical care setting.
Required Work Experience: Must have 1year experience in Labor & Delivery in an acute care setting
Education: ADN required BSN is preferred
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS
Sign on Bonus and Relocation
At ttg, "We believe in making a difference One Person at Time," ttg OPT.