Executive Chef – Atlanta, Georgia
Our client is looking for a passionate, intrinsically motivated Executive Chef with a drive for quality food and excellence to join our growing team! This position partners closely with the General Manger and Sous Chefs to coach and inspire our team members, manage daily operations of the kitchen, ensure we deliver on product quality and presentation, along with ensuring we are maintaining a proper speed of service. The Executive Chef also oversees ordering, production, people development, waste and inventory within the back of the house. This position will report directly to the General Manager & Corporate Executive Chef.
Our client is a customer-centric company specializing in sophisticated entertainment offering an enhanced, hassle-free entertainment experience in a boutique environment.
A competitive salary is being offered. Full-time management associates are eligible for company sponsored benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance for employee only. Our associates also enjoy vacation and personal/sick time when meeting eligibility requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the company’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate in coordination with the HR partner.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen Team Members.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on Team Member performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labors cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of company policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Keep General Manager and Director of Operations promptly and fully informed of all issues.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a positive and professional working culture.
- Always complies with all sanitation and nutritional regulations and safety standards.
- Stays up to date on current food and industry trends locally and nationally.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Executive Chef managing a Kitchen.
- College degree is a plus and preferred.
- Serve Safe Manager Certification, or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and front of the house personnel and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment, while still delivering on our promises to our guests, ensuring a team focused environment
- Must be able to work nights, weekends & holidays
- Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement and essential function of this position
Please consider following us in LinkedIn:
At ttg, “We believe in making a difference One Person at a Time,” ttg OPT.