Donor Eligibility Specialist
Company Confidential – Biologics Company ( Medical)
$18 - to $20 / Hour Benefits
Full time – Monday- Friday
Performs functions necessary to assure that the company is in compliance with all applicable regulations and/or standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies. Performs functions necessary to assure that all relevant donor eligibility documentation is assembled, reviewed, and completed in a timely manner. Performs continuous review and inspection of donor chart records and ensures that such records are in the state of compliance with all applicable requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies. Performs functions in accordance with standard operating procedures, all applicable state, and regulatory requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
Donor Eligibility Review
- Responsible for assembling all relevant records for review for the determination of donor eligibility.
- Reviews and completes records ensuring compliance with applicable SOPs, agency requirements, accreditation standards, and regulations.
- Retrieves all event-related documentation from hospitals, emergency medical services, medical examiners, etc., in a timely manner.
- Communicates with appropriate personnel on missing required documentation, error corrections, and autopsy reports that are required to ensure complete chart creation for Quality Assurance, Medical Director Review, and resource sharing with partner agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of and supports company policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of appropriate regulatory, statutory, accreditation requirements, and current Good Tissue Practices.
- Responsible for reporting all variances, errors, and deviations on all the company-initiated documentation to QA management. Participates in the investigation, implementation of corrective actions, and documentation of complaint files and deviation reports, as needed.
- Participates in audits and inspections, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Director of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience in a medical environment familiar with medical terminology will be considered
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone, verbal, and written communication skills required. Demonstrated excellence in organizational and record keeping skills required
- Must be detail oriented
- Familiarity with regulations regarding Tissue Banking preferred. Must gain knowledge of all regulations, laws, and/or standards that govern the tissue banking industry
- Must demonstrate advance computer skills in Microsoft platform
Working conditions Primarily a quiet office-oriented work environment.
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Facility temperatures are maintained cool.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time. The employee may occasionally be required to pull, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Compensation: $18- $20 (based on experience) per hour based on 40 hours per week. Plus health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), PTO with 14 days paid days off per year for the 1st and 2nd year, and 401K.
Apply: Please submit your updated resume in a word document (please list the month and year for each employment). If you are a match, you will be contacted by phone and/or email from a ttg Talent Solutions Recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Please monitor your inbox and voicemail