Accounts OfficerSan Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
Target Salary TTD $168K 30% Bonus Target and Benefits
Our client, an International Private Equity company specialized in acquisition and servicing of non-performing or distressed assets in the mortgage sector loan portfolios, is searching for an Accounts Officer based in Trinidad.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises the Operations Director on matters that may affect the accounting process and recommends the implementation of programs or remedies to ensure the effective provision of administrative and financial services.
- Reports system issues affecting the accounting function directly to IT using the specified ticket system.
- Responds to client, vendor and collection agency queries
- Assists in-house personnel with client payment queries and accepted payment
- Updates the annual HOI list to ensure all properties are insured, distribute and insurance claim proceeds and works in conjunction with the Collections Department to ensure home insurance claim proceeds are distributed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for bank reconciliations, collection agency payment confirmations and employee expense reports.
- Allocates uploaded customer payments credited (cash, cheque, standing orders, wire transfers, bank transfers, etc.) to the company’s bank account.
- Maintains the fixed assets register.
- Confirms receipt of settlement and sales proceeds and posts any add on charges where necessary
- Reports to the Collections Manager payments that are unidentifiable by territory.
- Reports to Head Office accounts that poses difficulty in allocating, along with the steps taken to rectify same and any assistance requested to escalate the completion of such matters.
- Receives and balance payments received via point-of-sale terminal.
- Verify reports of payments received via bill payers and follow up for supporting payment in bank account.
- Ensures settlement of collection agencies and vendor invoices on a weekly basis
- Receives and uploads in the “Loan Negotiation” tab, ALL payment
- arrangements submitted by the Collection Agencies. This is monitored monthly, and any payments not received are to be reported to the Collections Manager.
- Follows up with collections agencies and vendors for confirmation of receipt of payments
- Validates invoices uploaded by vendors for approval
- Answers any queries from and makes inquires to the Treasury Department regarding
- expenses and fees on bank accounts and company assigned credit card.
- Facilitates reimbursements for clients (excess from sales proceeds, overpayments made by clients, etc.)
- Conducts weekly meetings with the Accounts Team and reports meeting notes to the Director of Operations and Collections Manager
- Prepares letters in the absence of the Collections Manager & Administrative Assistant as requested by the Collection Agents/Officers which are entered in the shared file and from Agencies, by way of email, for confirmation of settlement agreement and completion of settlements. These can be signed by any Senior Officer/Supervisor.
- Develops a good working knowledge of the company’s philosophies, systems, laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assists the Finance Department with the annual audits.
- Report to Auditors and Regulators about expense settlements, reconciliation of
- invoices, staff reimbursements, etc.
Honesty, responsibility, dedication, energy, loyalty, perseverance, committed, punctual, teamwork, creative and enterprising.
At ttg, “We believe in making a difference One Person at a Time,” ttg OPT.